Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog Post 1

     My name is Lawanna Hinton and I am 31yrs old. I was born and raised in Mobile, Al. I graduated from Murphy High one of the largest high schools in Mobile County. I am a mother of two, a full time student, and a part time employee at MIMC, where I'm a nursing asst.
     Even though I have always wanted to be a teacher, I let the thought of making more money motivate me to attend nursing school. It didn't take long for me to realize that nursing was not for me. I am now a junior at USA majoring in elementary education. I choose elementary education, because I feel that I younger students are more eager to learn and excited about school. I love working with children and I one day hope to open my own daycare center. The love children and feel that I can and will make a difference in their lives.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think nursing would suit me either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on sum of the things you've said for one i do believe kids should be introduce at an early age to technology but not hindered to them i believe that if a child is creative enough to the point where they show it they give them the tools they mite need but don't force upon them like many teachers do today because just like adults some kids if u try an try to force them into trying or doing something they just rebel more an more

    ReplyDelete