Friday, December 3, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #4

I was assigned Lisa Thumann for C4T # 4, and I really enjoyed exploring her blog and found some very interesting and informative information that I think will help my with my studies. I had never heard of hashtags, which are a community-driven convention for adding context and metadata to your tweets. Metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a word with a hash symbol, ex. #education.  So I actually learned about something that I had no clue of what it was. To learn more about hashtag go to Hashtags.org
That was the first post that I read and commented on, the second one was about Facebook and receiving friend request from people who you don't know. I have also been receiving an abundance of friend request from people that not only have I never seen before, but also they don’t speak English. I personally don’t accept any request from people that I don’t recognize and that don’t have a profile picture. I feel that if you don’t have a profile picture, that means you have something to hide. One man even said that he only requested me because we had mutual friends, but just because you are a friend of a mutual friend doesn’t mean that we should be friends on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment