Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Post # 11

Little Kids.... Big Potential
Mrs. Cassidy's students are very excited to learn. The students are proud of their blogs and the way they sit at their computers is so fantastic. They seem to be very motivated students who love the fact that their family and friends comment on their blogs. I love the way that they take pride in their writings, one student even stated that he learns to write better with every post. Mrs. Cassidy is teaching them how to work in groups and they are learning how to solve problems and share their thoughts. All of these skills will help them later in life, especially on their jobs. These 5yr old students are inspiring, by observing them I have realized that the younger you introduce children to new things the better they will grasp it. I really want to use blogging in my classroom with my students. I would like to see each one of my students with their own pc at their table. I know that it will probably take some time to make this happen , but I really want this for my classroom and I'm going to do every thing that I can to make it happen. I look forward to having my own classroom and implementing some of Mrs. Cassidy's ideas.

2 comments:

  1. "I really want this for my classroom and I'm going to do every thing that I can to make it happen." Great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lawanna! I agree with you on using ideas from Mrs. Cassady's class. She had many creative forms and methods in going about the class room. "Little kids, Big potential" is awesome! The thing is, we as teachers have to try our best to maximize our kids to their best ability. If they already take pride in their writing, that makes our job a little less stressful and more motivating.

    ReplyDelete