Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Post #5

I enjoyed this blog assignment, because it gave me the opportunity to learn about and listen to different types of podcasts. I never heard of podcast until this assignment. The Education Podcast Network stated that podcasting is essentially radio programming that can be produced with a standard computer, microphone, free software, and a website for posting. The EPN was a very informative site and I enjoyed viewing the elementary school kids podcasts. Judy Scharf Podcast Collection had a little more information then the EPN, on time management, examples, and topics. Time and topics are very important when doing podcast, because you should always keep the attention of your audience, so making them too long and boring can cause your audience to lose interest. The last site I explored was Langwitches, which I thought was the best out of the three. I love to see and read about children who are eager to learn. The first graders, were very excited to learn about and produce a podcast, because as we all know, young children love attention and praise. It talked about how the shy kids were not so shy anymore, they were just as excited and couldn't wait to see themselves in action. I think that podcasting is a great way to motivate children to express themselves and not be afraid of talking in front of an audience.
 

2 comments:

  1. Lawanna, your blog looks great! I love the background! This was my first experience with podcasts as well! I also used Judy Scharf's Podcast Collection for my blog! You had a really thorough description of the sites you visited and I can tell you got a lot of helpful information about podcasting from them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very important to get the time and topic correct when podcasting. Like you said the podcast should not be to long. I have found that five to eight minutes is a good range. I also think it is important to know your topic thoroughly. There is so much available on the internet now if you don't have a good command of the topic and grab the audience attention quickly you will loose them.

    Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete