Wednesday, September 22, 2010

C4T #1 Summary

For my first C4T I commented on Jenny's post We Should Listen To Our Kids. I agree with her comment that we should listen to our students. I'm a strong believer, that we are never to old to learn even if it's from a child. The video of the little girl is a good example, children are very intelligent. Just like adults, children can express themselves and just because they are children, doesn't mean that we shouldn't listen to what they have to say. We should encourage them to express themselves and never be afraid to speak their mind. My second comment was on Jenny's post, Are Task Boards useful in the classroom. I think that task boards are an excellent idea when it comes to organization in the classroom. I feel that when the teacher talks to a smaller group of kids, there are fewer interruptions and more one on one time with each student. The other students don't feel left out, because they feel that they are working independently and will want to have something to show to the teacher when their time comes to be with her. I think that it is also a great idea to let the students instead of the teacher change out the task. They will look forward to completing their task and starting a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment