Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog Post # 10

An Open Letter To Educators I agree with both Morgan and Dan. I can personally say that most of my University courses are just they way they described. While sitting in class during lectures , I'm almost always just taking notes only to put them down until the day before the test, which is when I cram. But on the other hand in EDM 310, I actually learn things that I know will benefit me and my career. I will use the things that I have learned in this class for years to come and I am so proud of myself for not giving up and continuing to strive to finish this semester, even though I have a couple of late assignments.
I think that education is also essential and without it a lot of us would be lost. One must have some type of education if you want to be successful in society today. I also agree that education is empowering students to change the world, but as teachers, we must make sure our students understand and comprehend what they learn in order to make a difference. And yes it is a must that institutional education keep up with time and adapt to new ways of learning. Technology play a big part in education today and we should always try to introduce our students to new ways of learning. Society has to move forward, instead of living in the past.


pencils


Don't Let Them Take the Pencil Home. I think that this made a good point about students who take what they learn home to their parents and the parents actually learning something from them. This gets the parents involved in their children education and it also gives them a chance to spend quality time with each other.

question mark


Two Questions That Can Change Your Life I think that these are questions that everyone should ask themselves. It give you the opportunity to be what you describe yourself as in the sentence and it lets you reflect on what you did yesterday and strive to change it for the better for today.
Whats my Sentence?
I strive to learn something new everyday, either from school, work, or home.
Was I better today than yesterday?
Yes, I do believe I was better today than yesterday, because everyday, I try to have a better day than before. I try not to dwell on what happened the day before. I learn from my mistakes and I stay positive about the days to come.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, you have to strive to learn something new everyday. When you are actually putting out an effort to learn you will. Rather than just being apathetic towards your education. Postitivity is essential. I have a few things in my pasts that I think back on and regret and want to do things differently but our past is what makes us who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post! I saw all of these things as well when I posted my responses to my blog. I like how you said society has to move forward not in the past. That is so true strictly to education. Sometimes it seems as if a generous amount of society is moving on with the latest technology while our classrooms are stuck doing the same things that were done hundreds of years ago. Education must move forward with technology just like the rest of the world is doing. Improvements can only be made when you take steps forward not just get stuck in the mud and not try and find a way out. I also enjoyed your sentence and question. I thought that was the best thing we did from this blog post. It allowed us to look at ourselves personally and keep our question in our mind daily.

    ReplyDelete