Saturday, October 9, 2010

C4T #2 Summary

My C4T#2 was Karl Fisch. I really liked a lot of his ideas and agree with his comments. My first comment was on Dear Denver Post: You're the Disappointment. The headline read "Summer is almost over and the disappointment about returning to class..." and I think that was such a negative thing to say, considering that we are dealing with adults who should know the importance of education. The media should always show excitement when it come to educating our students, they should realize that comments like that can discourage some students who already need that extra boost when it come to going to school and actually graduating.

My second comment was on parent/teacher conferences, in which he said should also include the students. I think it is great that schools still hold conferences with the parents, but I would have to agree with Mr. Fisch, the students should be involved. Mr. Fisch created a document in which his students were to answer the questions and share it with their parents before the conference which I thought was a very good idea. Having the students reflect on what they have done in the class and how the class can improve is an excellent idea that I will use with my students in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment